We are holding cardiac screenings every Tuesday and Thursday at Randox Health’s clinic in Liverpool. The Randox Health team will do their best to accommodate your preferred date for your cardiac screening.
If you would like to participate please make sure that you read the following information about the aims and function of the Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation, before contacting Randox Health’s Liverpool clinic. Please only use the number below to make contact, as this telephone number identifies you as a participant in the scheme. Details of the new Autumn sessions at the mobile unit will be listed shortly.
- The Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation’s primary aim is to support and enable early identification of individuals aged 18-39, at greater risk of developing coronary heart disease (CHD). Individuals who have already been diagnosed with cardiovascular disease (CVD) will not be eligible for inclusion in this pre-screening programme and need to continue to be managed by their own GP. This screening programme has been developed in consultation with senior Consultant Cardiologists and General Practitioners across Merseyside and has their support.
- Individuals wishing to attend a cardiovascular health screening appointment will need to fill in the Randox Health pre-screening health questionnaire, as part of the eligibility and booking procedure.
- Appointments will last approximately 15 minutes, and involve automated blood pressure testing, body composition analysis and venous blood sampling.
- Please ensure you have not eaten for at least 6 hours prior to your appointment as the blood tests results will provide you, and if you wish to share with your GP, metabolic information relating to your ‘fasting’ state.
- Venous blood samples will be tested for glucose concentration (relating to diabetes risk), lipid profile results (including important Total Cholesterol : HDL Cholesterol ratios), along with additional key biomarkers relevant to CVD risk, including kidney function tests.
- Following analysis of the blood results by Randox Health, all participants will be provided with a health report (within 10 days) which will include all screening test results, along with follow up recommendations, notably highlighting where blood results warrant early follow up by your GP. For individuals between the ages of 25 and 39, the written report will also include a 10 year ‘CVD event risk score’ to discuss with your GP; this will enable individuals to manage optimally their future cardiovascular disease risk.
- Participants are reminded that health screenings are not an alternative to, or substitute for supervised general practitioner (GP) medical care. Participants are advised to discuss their test results, and any other health concerns they may have, with their own GP at the earliest opportunity.
- Health screening sessions will take place subject to confirmation of available charity funding; all eligible participants booked in to Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation specific sessions will receive the health screenings free of charge. The Foundation will be charged for all booked screening slots. It is important to give 48 hours notice of any cancellation so that the slot can be offered for filling to someone on the waiting list.
Please note that the Randox mobile screening unit is not equipped to look after young children while a parent is having a 15 minute screening.
The Tim Cogley Foundation’s primary aim is to support and enable early identification of individuals aged 18-39, at greater risk of developing coronary heart disease (CHD). As part of the Cardiac Screening project, the charity will receive data from participants for analysis. This information will be anonymised (all Personal Identifiable information removed) and will include the following:
- Gender / Title
- Blood Test Results
- Selected Health Questionnaire Information
The charity will not receive any information that could identify an individual.
Book a Screening
Screenings are for Merseyside residents aged 18 – 39.