Phases 5 & 6 starts with a week of bookings, Monday 10th February to Friday 14th February, available at the Randox Health Liverpool Clinic, Tithebarn Street, Liverpool L2 2QP., so if you would like to participate please make sure that you read the following information about the aims and function of the Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation, before contacting Randox Health’s Liverpool clinic. Please only use the number below to make contact, as this telephone number identifies you as a participant in the scheme. Details of the new Autumn sessions at the mobile unit will be listed shortly.
1. The Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation’s primary aim is to support and enable early identification of individuals aged 18-39, at greater risk of developing coronary heart disease (CHD). Individuals who have already been diagnosed with cardiovascular disease (CVD) will not be eligible for inclusion in this pre-screening programme and need to continue to be managed by their own GP. This screening programme has been developed in consultation with senior Consultant Cardiologists and General Practitioners across Merseyside and has their support.
2. Individuals wishing to attend a cardiovascular health screening appointment will need to fill in the Randox Health pre-screening health questionnaire, as part of the eligibility and booking procedure.
3. To book your health screening appointment, contact Randox Health on 0151 665 0700, indicating you wish to make a booking supported by the Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation. Booking lines only open 10am – 3pm. Alternatively you can use our online booking form.
4. Appointments will last approximately 15 minutes, and involve automated blood pressure testing, body composition analysis and venous blood sampling.
5. Please ensure you have not eaten for at least 6 hours prior to your appointment as the blood tests results will provide you, and if you wish to share with your GP, metabolic information relating to your ‘fasting’ state.
6. Venous blood samples will be tested for glucose concentration (relating to diabetes risk), lipid profile results (including important Total Cholesterol : HDL Cholesterol ratios), along with additional key biomarkers relevant to CVD risk, including kidney function tests.
7. Following analysis of the blood results by Randox Health, all participants will be provided with a health report (within 10 days) which will include all screening test results, along with follow up recommendations, notably highlighting where blood results warrant early follow up by your GP. For individuals between the ages of 25 and 39, the written report will also include a 10 year ‘CVD event risk score’ to discuss with your GP; this will enable individuals to manage optimally their future cardiovascular disease risk.
8. Participants are reminded that health screenings are not an alternative to, or substitute for supervised general practitioner (GP) medical care. Participants are advised to discuss their test results, and any other health concerns they may have, with their own GP at the earliest opportunity.
9. Health screening sessions will take place subject to confirmation of available charity funding; all eligible participants booked in to Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation specific sessions will receive the health screenings free of charge. The Foundation will be charged for all booked screening slots. It is important to give 48 hours notice of any cancellation so that the slot can be offered for filling to someone on the waiting list.
Please note that the Randox mobile screening unit is not equipped to look after young children while a parent is having a 15 minute screening.
The Tim Cogley Foundation’s primary aim is to support and enable early identification of individuals aged 18-39, at greater risk of developing coronary heart disease (CHD). As part of the Cardiac Screening project, the charity will receive data from participants for analysis. This information will be anonymised (all Personal Identifiable information removed) and will include the following:
- Gender / Title
- Blood Test Results
- Selected Health Questionnaire Information
The charity will not receive any information that could identify an individual.
Book a Screening
Screenings are for Merseyside residents aged 18 – 39.
The Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation is a fantastic charity which provides the opportunity for young patients in our practice population and to have screening for cardiac disease. It’s a fantastic service which will undoubtedly benefit our patients and by raising the profile of cardiac disease in the young and identifying young patients at risk that could benefit from lifesaving early intervention. We are very fortunate to have them working in our area.
I am extremely proud of what they have achieved so far and long may it continue.
|Monday 10th - Friday 14th Feb||9:00am to 5:00pm||Randox Health Liverpool Exchange Station, 25-21 Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, L2 2QP|
|Monday 24th February||9:00am to 4:00pm||Activity For All, Maguire Avenue, Bootle, Liverpool, L20 9PQ|
|Tuesday 25th February||9:00am to 4:00pm||Neston Cricket Club, Station Road, Parkgate, CH64 6QJ|
|Wednesday 4th March||9:00am to 4:00pm||Empowered Fit Gym, Arrowe Commercial Park, Unit 2 Arrowe Brook Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH49 1AB|
|Thursday 5th March||9:00am to 4:00pm||UTS, New Hall Lane, Hoylake, Wirral, CH47 4BP|
|Saturday 7th March|
|9:00am to 4:00pm||Tesco, Telegraph Road, Heswall, Wirral, CH60 7SL|
|Tuesday 17th March||9:00am to 4:00pm||The Warrens Medical Centre, Arrowe Park Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH49 5PL|
|Wednesday 18th March||9:00am to 4:00pm||Hope University, Hope Park, Liverpool, L16 9JD|
We also have private screenings for the Merseyside Police and DWP. These pre booked slots are available between 9:00am and 5:00pm at both the clinic and at each of the venues covered by the Randox Mobile Unit.