Fill your Heart with goodness and live well.
The key to a healthy heart is a healthy lifestyle with a combination of light exercise and healthy food. Sounds easy right? For many people finding the balance of a healthy lifestyle can be difficult especially in these trying times we currently find ourselves in. Starting is the hardest part. Trying to find that motivation to wake up early, go for that jog, eat all of the five a day of fruit and veg, go to the gym (if they’re open) drink a gallon of water a day, go to bed early and do it all over again, all while fitting in a full time job and running a household. Set yourself realistic goals that work for you. Start off small and work up. A half hour walk a day is sufficient to keeping your health healthy, health experts say and fill your soul full of good food with good ingredients. Check out these 5 quick and tasty heart healthy recipes that we have chosen.
1. Stir Fried ginger beef with peppers – low in fat, saturated fat, salt and sugar. This dish is packed full of veg and heart healthy goodness, a great way to get your five-a-day. Get the recipe here.
2. Sizzling prawn fajitas – ready in just 25 minutes, this flavoursome, veg filled dish packs a punch and it’s low-fat too! Get the recipe here.
3. Honey-roasted swede with chilli and cumin – There are so many ways you can cook swede, roasting being just one of them. This sweet and spicy dish will have you salivating just making it. Check out the recipe here.
4. Zesty haddock with crushed potatoes & peas – have a busy day ahead? Don’t scrimp on the healthy stuff, this dish is ready to eat in 35 minutes and is super healthy and tasty. Get the recipe here.
5. You didn’t think we would forget about the sweet stuff did you? There are many sweet treats that are heart friendly too like this delicious blackberry and oat crumble. Like the saying goes ‘Treat yourself’ without feeling guilty. Head over here to see the recipe.
These delicious, healthy and easy recipes are just a few examples of what you can make at home. Get creative with good food and feed your soul some goodness all while keeping your heart healthy.
Have you got any go-too healthy dishes that you love to cook and want to share with the world? Tag us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with the hashtag HeartHealthyDishes.
Let’s get our creative juices flowing.