Phase 3 is now underway and is running through June and July.
Further screening will take place at the Randox Health Liverpool Clinic, Tithebarn Street, Liverpool L2 2QP, so if you would like to participate please make sure that you read the following information about the aims and function of the Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation, before contacting Randox Health’s Liverpool clinic. Please only use the number below to make contact, as this telephone number identifies you as a participant in the Pilot Scheme.
1. The Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation’s primary aim is to support and enable early identification of individuals aged 18-39, at greater risk of developing coronary heart disease (CHD). Individuals who have already been diagnosed with cardiovascular disease (CVD) will not be eligible for inclusion in this pre-screening programme and need to continue to be managed by their own GP. This screening programme has been developed in consultation with senior Consultant Cardiologists and General Practitioners across Merseyside and has their support.
2. Individuals wishing to attend a cardiovascular health screening appointment will need to fill in the Randox Health pre-screening health questionnaire, as part of the eligibility and booking procedure.
3. To book your health screening appointment, contact Randox Health on 0151 665 0700, indicating you wish to make a booking supported by the Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation. Booking lines only open 10am – 3pm. Alternatively you can use our online booking form.
4. Appointments will last approximately 15 minutes, and involve automated blood pressure testing, body composition analysis and venous blood sampling.
5. Please ensure you have not eaten for at least 6 hours prior to your appointment as the blood tests results will provide you, and if you wish to share with your GP, metabolic information relating to your ‘fasting’ state.
6. Venous blood samples will be tested for glucose concentration (relating to diabetes risk), lipid profile results (including important Total Cholesterol : HDL Cholesterol ratios), along with additional key biomarkers relevant to CVD risk, including kidney function tests.
7. Following analysis of the blood results by Randox Health, all participants will be provided with a health report (within 10 days) which will include all screening test results, along with follow up recommendations, notably highlighting where blood results warrant early follow up by your GP. For individuals between the ages of 25 and 39, the written report will also include a 10 year ‘CVD event risk score’ to discuss with your GP; this will enable individuals to manage optimally their future cardiovascular disease risk.
8. Participants are reminded that health screenings are not an alternative to, or substitute for supervised general practitioner (GP) medical care. Participants are advised to discuss their test results, and any other health concerns they may have, with their own GP at the earliest opportunity.
9. Health screening sessions will take place subject to confirmation of available charity funding; all eligible participants booked in to Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation specific sessions will receive the health screenings free of charge.
Please note that the Randox mobile screening unit is not equipped to look after young children while a parent is having a 15 minute screening.
Book a Screening
Screenings are for Merseyside residents aged 18 – 39.
The Tim Cogley Cardiac Screening Foundation is a fantastic charity which provides the opportunity for young patients in our practice population and the rest of the Wirral to have screening for cardiac disease. It’s a fantastic service which will undoubtedly benefit our patients and those in Wirral by raising the profile of cardiac disease in the young and identifying young patients at risk that could benefit from lifesaving early intervention. We are very fortunate to have them working in our area.
|Tuesday 18 Jun||12:00 - 19:00||Tesco, Telegraph Road, Heswall CH60 7SL|
|Wednesday 19 June||*||The Randox Clinic, 25 - 31 Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, L2 2QP|
|Thursday 20 June||9:30 - 16:30||The Warrens Medical Centre, Arrowe Park Road, CH49 5PL|
|Tuesday 25 June||9:30 - 16:30||The Warrens Medical Centre, Arrowe Park Road, CH49 5PL|
|Wednesday 26 June||*||The Randox Clinic, 25 - 31 Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, L2 2QP|
|Saturday 29 June||09:30 - 16:30||Tesco, Telegraph Road, Heswall CH60 7SL|
|Monday 1 July||12:00 - 19:00||The Hive Youth Zone, Bright Street, Birkenhead, CH41 4EA|
|Tuesday 2 July||9:30 - 16:30||The Hive Youth Zone, Bright Street, Birkenhead, CH41 4EA|
|Friday 5 July||*||The Randox Clinic, 25 - 31 Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, L2 2QP|
*Appointments available throughout the day. Further days may also be available at clinic.
The Tim Cogley Foundation’s primary aim is to support and enable early identification of individuals aged 18-39, at greater risk of developing coronary heart disease (CHD). As part of the Cardiac Screening project, the charity will receive data from participants for analysis. This information will be anonymised (all Personal Identifiable information removed) and will include the following:
- Blood Test Results
- Selected Health Questionnaire Information
The charity will not receive any information that could identify an individual.